- 1 package Del Monte Diced Peaches with Cinnamon and Brown Sugar (4 pack)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 canning jars (4 oz)
- Basic Pie Crust (recipe below), your favorite pie crust, or refrigerated pie crust
Basic Pie Crust
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick very cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3–6 tablespons ice water
- Make pie crust: Using the metal blade on your food processor, pulse together the flour, butter, and salt until mixture is like course meal, about 8 seconds. Add ice water 1 tablespoon at a time and pulse until begins to clump together, but does not form ball. Divide dough and any little pieces into 4 equal parts. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap, flattening it into a flat disk. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. (Adapted from Cusinart Recipe Booklet)
- Open all 4 containers of diced peaches. Drain syrup from peaches into a saucepan. Set aside peaches. Whisk cornstarch into syrup until no lumps remain. Heat mixture over medium heat until mixture is thick (5 minutes or less). Remove from heat. Stir reserved diced peaches into thickened mixture.
- Roll out one portion of pie crust. Using metal ring from one of the canning jars, press into rolled crust to create a top crust. Using remaining dough, press into canning jar so entire inside is covered completely and evenly with pie crust dough. Fill with peach filling. Lay round top crust on top of jar/filling. Press edges down slightly so they make contact with dough on the inside of the jar. Using the tines of a fork, press down around edges to seal top crust dough with the dough on the inside of the jar. Create small vent marks in middle of top crust dough with a sharp knife.
- To freeze: Place lids and metal ring on securely and place in freezer. When ready to bake, remove from freezer and remove lid/ring. Place on a baking sheet and place in a cold oven. Heat to 375 degrees F and bake for 55 minutes or until crust is browned and pie filling is hot and bubbly.
- To bake after assembling (not frozen): Place jars without lid/ring on a baking sheet and place in a cold oven. Heat to 375 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes or until crust is browned and pie filling is hot and bubbly.