A simple macaroni pasta salad recipe from my childhood — that I make for my family today.
- 1 lb small pasta (salad macaroni, shells, etc)
- 1 cucumber (peeled, sliced and cut into quarters)
- 8 oz whole sweet baby pickles (I usually use Sweet Gherkins, drained)
- 6 eggs (hard-boiled, cooled and peeled)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook pasta according to directions — do not overcook, you will want it to be al dente (slightly firm). After draining hot water from pasta, keep pasta in strainer and immediately cool the pasta by running cold water over it until all the pasta is cool to the touch. Drain pasta again and place in large bowl.
- Peel cucumber and cut off ends; discard ends and peel. Slice cucumber in half lengthwise and then cut each half in half again, so you have 4 long piece of cucumber. Cut the long pieces into smaller bite-size chunks. Slice sweet pickles. Chop peeled hard-boiled eggs.
- Combine cucumber, pickles, eggs, and mayonnaise with the pasta. Sprinkle with paprika and stir gently to combine with the salad. Season with salad and pepper.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 6 ingredients,