Want to make homemade lollipops but don’t have a candy mold? I’ll teach you how to make lollipops in a mini muffin tin!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup Clear American Flavored Sparkling Water (any flavor – available at Walmart)
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon white icing color or white food color (if you wish them to be opaque)
- Food coloring (any color)
- Candies or Nonpareil cake decorations (optional)
- Lollipop sticks
- Transparent Cellophane or Clear Treat Bags
- Fabric Strips (Ribbon, Raffia, or Twist Ties)
- Mini Muffin Tin (or hard candy molds if you have them)
- In a heavy bottomed pot, combine sugar, light corn syrup, and Clear American flavored water. Heat mixture over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar is complete dissolved. Clip candy thermometer to inside of pot and stop stirring.
- Allow mixture to heat (with NO stirring) until mixture reaches 300 degrees F, also known as the hard crack stage.
- While sugar mixture is heating, grease the inside of each mini muffin tin.
- When sugar mixture has reached 300 degrees, turn heat off immediately, and remove pan from burner. Working quickly, stir in white icing color (if you wish to have opaque lollipops). Then, stir in the other desired color you wish to use. Start with a little and stir. If you want it more intense or darker, stir in a bit more color in until you achieve the color you wish.
- Carefully spoon hot sugar mixture into greased mini muffin tins – a 2-3 teaspoons in each is good, however you can add as little or as much as you wish.
- Place lollipop sticks into the middle of each muffin tin while lollipop mixture is still very hot. If they won’t stand yet, keep setting them upright; as the mixture cools, the sticks will stop falling.
- When mixture is fully cooled and hardened, removed from muffin tin by grasping stick very low near the candy. A gentle back & forth movement can help release the lollipop.
- Category: Candy
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 10 ingredients,