If I told you a popular 1984 movie inspired me to make Mushroom and Asparagus Mini Quiches, would you be able to guess which movie? This week, I’m participating in a Movie-Inspired #SundaySupper, with simple instructions: choose a recipe to make inspired by a movie. As a movie lover, I had all sorts of movies I could pick, but my mind was drawn to some of my movie favorites from the 1980’s.
- Asparagus spears (about 10)
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (can sub half & half or whole milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grated Jarlsberg cheese (can use cheddar, monterey jack, etc, plus extra for garnish)
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut asparagus spears into approx 1″ pieces. Note: If stalks are thick, you may wish to peel them with a vegetable peeler before cutting. Coarsely chop mushrooms. In a large frying pan, heat oil. When hot, add asparagus and mushroom. Cook until mushrooms are tender, asparagus is tender-crisp, and all water is evaporated.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Beat in heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Divide mushroom/asparagus mixture evenly between the 12 muffin tins. Top mushrooms/asparagus with a bit of shredded cheese. Pour egg mixture over the top of the cheese, dividing evenly among the 12 muffin tins. If you have any additional cheese, you may wish to sprinkle it on the top of the egg mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, or until egg has set.
Keywords: 6 ingredients,