One-Pan Cheesy Salsa Pasta is a Mexican-inspired dinner idea that you can make easily in 30 minutes or less — and you’ll have only one pan to clean up!
- 1 ounces pouch Progresso Recipe Starters Fire-Roasted Tomato Cooking Sauce (9)
- 1 ounces can chicken broth (14)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 ounces can black beans (14, drained and rinsed)
- 8 ounces whole grain pasta (such as macaroni)
- 3 cups shredded cheese (12 ounces, such as cheddar, colby-jack, pepper jack, etc, divided)
- Optional toppings: Chopped tomatoes (chopped or sliced avocado, guacamole, salsa, sliced olives, sour cream, cilantro, etc.)
- In a large frying pan, combine all ingredients, except for the cheese. Heat to boiling over high heat. When liquid begins to boil, reduce heat to a low simmer and cover.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is tender and nearly all liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and immediately gently stir in about 4 ounces of the shredded cheese (about 1 cup) into the hot pasta. Sprinkle remaining 8 ounces (about 2 cups) on top of the hot pasta, cover with lid until melted. Serve with optional toppings.
- TIP: If desired, place pan (if heat resistant to high temperatures) under broiler to brown cheese a bit (this is completely optional).
–Want it extra cheesy? Go for 16 ounces of cheese and mix half of it into the pasta and top with the other half.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: 6 ingredients. cinco de mayo, shredded cheese, macaroni pasta, canned black beans, one pan recipe,