This beautiful, yet simple, Orange and Pomegranate Salad recipe with Balsamic Dressing is delightful when served with dinner or for a quick lunch.
- 3 ounces lettuce (torn into bite-size pieces)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 1 small orange (peeled and cut into bite-size segments)
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
Basic Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Sat and pepper (to taste)
- For Balsamic Vinaigrette: Add all ingredients, except salt and pepper, into a clean mason jar. Screw on lid and ring and shake until all ingredients are well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Dressing will keep in refrigerator for a couple weeks.
- Place torn lettuce in a bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and toss lettuce to coat. If desired, spoon lettuce onto a plate (you are also welcome to eat right from the bowl). Top with pomegranate arils and orange segments. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
As with most salad recipes, feel free to adjust the ingredients as desired. If you wish to use more or less of the ingredients, go for it!
You won’t need all of the Balsamic Vinaigrette for one serving. Save and refrigerate for future salads.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: balsamic vinegar, honey, 10 ingredients, lettuce, almonds, dijon mustard, areogarden,