This Pina Colada Cheese Ball recipe is sure to be a favorite at your parties! Features the delicious flavors of macadamia nuts, cream cheese, pineapple, green onions, and coconut.
- 2 cups macadamia nuts; toasted (chopped, and divided)
- 2 – 8 ounce packages cream cheese (softened slightly)
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple (drained well)
- 1/2 cup green onions (about 4–5 green onions, finely chopped)
- 1 cup sweetened flake coconut (toasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients, except 1 cup of the macadamia nuts. Mix until well blended.
- Place remaining 1 cup of macadamia nuts on a plate. Divide mixture in half and shape each half into a round ball with clean hands. If necessary, clean hands again during shaping to help ensure a smooth shape. Place one cheese ball into remaining nuts and coat with the nuts, pressing gently to ensure that they are sticking to the cheese ball. Repeat with remaining cheese ball.
- Place cheese balls on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
–To toast coconut and nuts: place the coconut (or nuts) in a dry skillet and heat over low heat. Stir constantly to keep coconut (or nuts) moving. Keep toasting and stirring until toasted to your preference. Keep watch — they will begin to brown quickly. Just when they look brown enough, remove from the heat completely.
–Adapted from a recipe in “Cooking with Pheeling” cookbook
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 5 ingredients, coconut, cream cheese, macadamia nuts, canned crushed pineapple, party dip, game day recipe,