This is no ordinary frozen dessert. This Pina Colada Frozen Pineapple Dessert is served in a fresh pineapple, includes Bacardi rum, and is made with Chunk O’ Fruti Fruit Bars. And it will make the adults at your next party or get-together very happy.
- 4 Chunks O’ Fruti Piña Colada Fruit Bars
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup Bacardi rum
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (toasted)
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Optional: whipped cream and maraschino cherries
- Remove the fruit bars from the freezer and let them sit on your kitchen counter to softened w hile you are working on the other steps.
- Cut pineapple in half lengthwise, even through the top of it. Cut out the core of the pineapple and then using a strong spoon, scoop out the pineapple, leaving behind the shell of the pineapple. Cut all the pineapple pieces you scooped out into small pieces.Place the shell in the freezer as you work on the rest of the steps.
- In a bowl or stand mixer, add create cheese and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Once the Fruti Fruit Bars are softened, you will pull the sticks out and cut the fruit bar into bite-size pieces.
- A brick of softened cream cheese is beat until fluffy and then the pieces of Fruti Fruit Bar are beat into the cream cheese. Next the pineapple pieces is added. Stir in the Bacardi rum.
- Place your pineapple shells on a baking sheet. Divide the mixture between both of the pineapple shells. Place the filled pineapples in the freezer and freeze until frozen.
- Once they are completely frozen, remove from the freezer and sprinkle the frozen mixture with toasted coconut and chopped macadamia nuts. From here, you can decorate even more with whipped cream and cherries or you can an serve by scooping the Piña Colada Frozen Pineapple Dessert into bowls. Top with whipped cream and cherries, if desired.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 6 ingredients,