This Poached Egg and Avocado on Sourdough Toast Recipe is an easy breakfast recipe featuring a perfectly poached egg nestled on top of sliced avocado and sourdough toast. The final touch is a sprinkle of finely shredded Jarlsberg Cheese. So good that you’ll crave it constantly!
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- Butter (optional)
- 2–3 ounces Jarlsberg USA Cheese (finely shredded)
- 1 Avocado from Mexico (sliced)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Fill a saucepan with about 3″ water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a light simmer. Add vinegar. Crack one egg into a small bowl. With a slotted spoon, create a gentle swirling/whirlpool of the water. Bring edge of bowl with egg very close to the center of the whirlpool and gently pour egg into the middle of the whirlpool. Gently stir and spoon hot water over the egg until the egg whites are cooked. With the slotted spoon, gently remove from the water and place on a plate. Repeat with 2nd egg.
- Toast the sourdough bread until golden brown. Spread a bit of butter on your toast, if you wish. Place toasted bread on plate.
- Top toasted bread with half of the sliced avocado, fanning out so that most of the bread is covered with avocado. Top avocado slices with 1 poached egg. Top poached egg with a desired amount of Jarlsberg cheese. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: 7 ingredients,