Football season means it’s chicken wings recipe season! My easy Pomegranate Jalapeno Chicken Wings recipe is only 5 ingredients and full of delicious flavors from pomegranate juice, fresh jalapenos, and sweet honey!
- 2 pounds chicken wings (tips discarded, separated into wingettes and drumettes)
- 2 cups pomegranate juice (about 16 ounces)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 whole jalapenos (seeded and cut into large chunks)
- 1/4 cup honey
- Optional garnishes: pomegranate arils and chopped jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place wings on a greased baking sheet and cook in oven, skin side up, until crisply and cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (about about 20-25 minutes).
- In a small saucepan, combine pomegranate juice, lemon juice, jalapeno, and honey. Bring to boil, stirring until honey is blended into the other ingredients. Reduce to a low-medium simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened and about 1/2 cup remains. This process can take 40-50 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove solid jalapeno pieces, press syrup from pieces with another spoon, and discard.
- Place cooked chicken wings in a bowl. Pour sauce over chicken and gently toss chicken to combine with the syrup. Serve immediately. Garnish with pomegranate arils and chopped jalapenos, if desired.
Frozen chicken wings can be used, if you wish. Cook according to package instructions.
If you wish your wings to be spicier, cook jalapenos with the seeds in the juice.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: party food, 5 ingredients, game day, lemon, honey, fall recipe,