Celebrate your everyday occasions with this homemade pumpkin cake recipe! Great for Autumn, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil (I used canola)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Butter for greasing pan
- Cream Cheese Frosting (such as Cool Whip Frosting)
- Optional: Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a bundt cake pan.
- Place sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat on low until just barely mixed. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. With mixer on low, gradually add and beat flour mixture into oil mixture until both are combined and then beat in pumpkin puree into the cake batter until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt cake pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes, or until a butter knife inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Turn bundt cake out onto plate. Allow to cool completely and frost with Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting or your favorite cream cheese frosting recipe. If desired, sprinkle top of cake with chopped pecans.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American