A hot and sweet popcorn recipe that will knock your socks off! This red and white candy-coated popcorn recipe takes freshly popped popcorn and drizzles it with melted Red Hots Cinnamon candy and white chocolate. Excellent for spicing up your Valentine’s Day movie night or for gifting.
8 cups popped popcorn
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 1/3 cups Red Hots candies, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup white chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat oven to 250° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the popped popcorn in a single layer on the sheet and set it aside.
2. Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Stir the salt, 1 cup Red Hots candies, sugar, and corn syrup into the melted butter. Bring ingredients to a boil, whisking frequently. Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda.
3. Working quickly, pour the cinnamon candy mixture on top of the popcorn on the baking sheet and lightly toss to coat.
4. Place the baking sheet of cinnamon candy-coated popcorn into the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss the popcorn again to coat evenly. Allow to cool.
5. Melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or other white chocolate), in the microwave according to package instructions. Melt until completely smooth. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted white chocolate all over the popcorn.
6. Immediately after drizzling with white chocolate, sprinkle 1/3 cup Red Hots candies, 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, and red sprinkles on top.