Our traditional dinner for Christmas Eve is a Mexican fiesta, complete with homemade tamales, tacos, and enchiladas. It’s a family favorite, but truth be told: it’s a LOT of work.
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 6- ounce log goat cheese
- 1/2 ounces package cream cheese (4, softened)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- leaves Optional: cilantro (for garnish)
- Crackers or tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- While nuts are toasting, place both cheese in a small bowl and combine. After nuts are toasted, remove from oven, allow to cool for about 3 minutes and add to the cheese, combining thoroughly. Scoop into a pile in the center of an 9″ inch pie plate. Smooth down and form into a round 5-6″ diameter circle, approximately 1 1/2″ high, in the center of the pie plate. Spoon salsa over and around the cheese. Bake in oven until heated through, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, garnish with cilantro leaves in center, if you wish.
- Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
- Category: Apptizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: 5 ingredients, cinco de mayo,