These Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Crepes are a healthy and versatile meal featuring milk, one of the most affordable ways to start your day off right
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lowfat or fat free milk
- 2 teaspoons oil (I used grapeseed oil)
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup lowfat or fat free milk
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Optional toppings: diced green chilies (shredded cheese, crumbled cotija cheese, chopped tomatoes, sliced avocados, salsa, sour cream, crumbled bacon, etc)
To make crepes:
- In a blender or food processor, combine flour, eggs, salt, milk, and oil. Process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a 10″ non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat and allow it to coat the bottom of the pan. Scoop 1/4 cup of crepe batter into the center of the skillet and immediately tilt and rotate the pan in a circular motion to allow batter to coat entire bottom of the skillet.
- Cook until edges begin to dry out and bottom is lightly browned. With a spatula, lift the edge of the crepe and flip it over to cook the other side. Cook until the 2nd side is also lightly browned. Remove from pan and place on a plate. Continue with remaining batter, stacking finished crepes on top of each other to cool.
To make scrambled eggs
- While crepe batter is in refrigerator, whisk together the eggs and milk in a large bowl. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat, allowing the butter to coat the bottom of the pan. Pour in eggs and use a spatula to push and scrape eggs from bottom of skillet. You should be moving the eggs fairly often. Constant pushing/scraping will result in smaller pieces of egg, while slower pushing/scraping will result in large pieces.
- Continue just until there is no liquid egg left and only soft mounds of cooked egg exist (don’t overcook). If you wish, you can stir in optional toppings at this point, like diced tomatoes or a small 4 oz can of drained diced green chilies. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay 1 crepe on a plate. Place some eggs in a line in the middle, reaching from the left side to right side of the crepe. Top with additional toppings, if desired. Fold the bottom edge (which has no filling) over the ingredients. Repeat with the top edge and serve. Top of rolled crepe can also be topped with optional toppings, if you wish.
- Serve with an 8 oz glass of lowfat or fat free milk and fresh fruit of your choice, such as apples, grapes, or bananas.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: 4 ingredients, healthy recipe, eggs, cheese, avocados, sour cream, bacon,