- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use other oils)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 4 cups chicken broth (I use a 32 oz carton)
- 1 oz can tomato sauce (8)
- In a medium sized pot, heat the olive oil. When hot, add the onion and rice. Cook, stirring frequently, until rice is light golden brown.
- Add chicken broth and tomato sauce to the rice; stir to combine (this is the only time you’ll stir it). Bring just to the boiling point and immediately reduce heat to low. Cover and cook on low for about 20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Fluff with a fork before serving.