Smores Ice Cream Cups have all the flavors of the traditional s’mores you love, but in a small cupcake-size frozen treat.
- Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2–3 graham crackers (crushed)
- If your Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream is very firm, you may wish to set it out on your counter for about 10-15 minutes to soften it.
- Line 12 muffin tins with good quality paper cupcake liners or foil cupcake liners. Sprinkle a bit of crushed graham crackers in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl on medium. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Continue microwaving at 15-30 second intervals, stirring after heating each time, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate in the bottom of each cupcake liner, directly on top of crushed graham crackers. Spoon just enough chocolate to cover the bottom of each liner. Place pan in refrigerator until chocolate has set.
- Fill each cupcake liner with softened marshmallow ice cream, nearly to top. Smooth top of ice cream so that it is level. Set pan in freezer until ice cream is firm.
- Remove pan from freezer. Working quickly and with only 1 ice cream cup at a time, drizzle a tablespoon (or slightly more, if needed) of melted chocolate on top of the ice cream layer. If needed, spread the chocolate outwards with the back of a spoon until the chocolate reaches the cupcake liner. Immediately sprinkle it with crushed graham crackers. Continue with the remaining ice cream cups.
- Return muffin tin to freezer, uncovered, to set chocolate and firm up the ice cream. When chocolate and ice cream are firm, cover pan with foil or move cups to a freezer-safe food storage container.
- S’mores Ice Cream Cups will keep for about 1 month in the freezer.
The marshmallow ice cream you create for this recipe will make more than 12 S’mores Ice Cream Cups. You can either make a couple additional ice cream cups (you may need more chocolate), or enjoy as you wish.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate, marshmallow, graham crackers, easy recipe, summer recipe,