This Easy Southwestern Egg Rolls recipe are a delicious appetizer or snack with a generous filling of avocado, black beans, corn, and pepper jack cheese
- 1 ounces can black beans (15, rinsed & drained)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (defrosted)
- 1 tablespoon minced red chiles
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Salt (to season)
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 1 ounces package Wholly Avocado 100% Avocado (8)
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese (cut in half)
- Water (for sealing egg roll wrapper)
- Vegetable or canola oil (for frying)
- Optional condiments for dipping: Wholly Salsa (Wholly Guacamole, sour cream, ranch dressing, etc.)
- In a bowl, mix together the black beans, corn, chile pepper, and cilantro. Season with salt.
- Lay one egg roll wrapper on work surface in front of you so that it’s forming a diamond shape (one corner should be pointed towards you, etc). Spoon about 1-2 tablespoons of Wholly Avocado in a line in the middle of the egg roll wrapper. Top with 1/2 cheese slice, and then approximately 1/4 cup black bean mixture.
- Fold in side corners, and then fold bottom corner over filling, make sure edges are tucked in, and roll up tightly to enclose filling. Dap top corner with some water with your fingertips and seal roll closed with top corner. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to 350 degress F. Lay 2-3 egg rolls carefully in the oil, top flap side down. Turn occasionally, until golden brown, Drain on paper towel lined plate. Serve with optional dipping choices.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: 8 ingredients, avocados, guacamole, canned black beans, pepper jack cheese, party food, frozen corn,