- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups unsalted mixed nuts (such as walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, and almonds)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix spices and reserve.
- Heat the nuts in a dry skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to toast, about 4 minutes. Add the butter and cook, stirring, until the nuts begin to darken, about 1 minute. Add the spices, the sugar, 1 tablespoon water, and the salt and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens and the nuts are glazed about 5 minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the heat and transfer to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, separating them with a fork. Let the nuts stand until cooled and the sugar has hardened about 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 4 cups
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, Emeril’s Potluck, William Morrow Publishers, New York, 2004
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 6 ingredients, Emeril Lagasse,