My Spicy Sausage and Mango Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipe is a delicious combination of flavors that takes the standard grilled cheese sandwich up a notch!
- 1/4 of a mango (thinly sliced)
- 1 spicy chicken sausage
- 1 sandwich roll (split)
- Olive oil
- ounces Pepper-jack cheese (about 2, sliced)
- Heat indoor grill/panini maker according to manufacturer instructions.
- Slice sausage in half lengthwise without cutting all the way through (just enough so sausage will open and lay flat). Grill sausage on panini grill until heated and grill marks appear.
- Brush the top and the bottom of the sandwich roll with olive oil. Place bottom sandwich roll on panini grill and immediately top bread with half of the cheese, then the sausage, followed by half of the mango slices, and finally topped with the remaining cheese. Place top of sandwich roll on top of sandwich layers.
- Grill sandwich until golden brown, crusty, and cheese is melted. Serve whole or cut in half.
While I used a panini maker/indoor grill, you can also create this sandwich in a skillet if you wish. Follow the same instructions, however, it will be necessary to turn your sandwich over to cook the top after the bottom is golden brown.
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 5 ingredients, pepper jack cheese, chicken sausage, fruit,