Mushrooms are one of my top favorite foods, with my favorite mushroom being big portobello mushrooms. I love them so many ways, but I particularly like stuffed mushrooms, such as this Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Portobello Mushroom recipe.
- 4 portobello mushrooms (washed with stems and gills removed)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 10 – 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained well)
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded and divided)
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place portobello mushrooms on baking sheet, top side down.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta, garlic, spinach, artichokes, most of the mozzarella (reserve a small amount to top each mushroom), Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Divide mixture between the mushrooms. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are browned and filling is hot.
–I use 16 ounces of frozen spinach, but if your grocery store sells only 10-12 bags, feel free to use that. It will be less spinach than what I used, but it will still be enough for the mushrooms.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 8 ingredients,