This Easy Strawberry Sorbet recipe is a fresh and fruity frozen treat and you don’t need an ice cream maker to make it!
- 1 pound fresh strawberries (washed and hulled)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons vodka (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine water and sugar. Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil and simmer, stirring frequently, until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool almost completely.
- In a food processor, pulse strawberries until broken down, but still somewhat chunky. Turn power on strawberries and add cooled syrup and remaining ingredients. Continue to process until very smooth.
- Pour sorbet mixture into a 9″ metal cake pan or other shallow, freezer safe container. Place in freezer. Every 30 minutes or so, remove sorbet pan from freezer and use a fork to break up, stir, and smash chunks of sorbet. Smooth and even out sorbet before returning to the freezer. Repeat stirring process until mixture is complete frozen.
- To serve, scoop into bowls and enjoy!
–Vodka will help to keep the mixture from freezing solid. If you prefer to omit the vodka, it may be necessary to remove the frozen sorbet from the freezer about 15 minutes or so before serving.
–Adapted from The Cook’s Illustrated Cookbook
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 3 ingredients, fruit, lemon juice, frozen dessert, fresh strawberries, vegan, vegetarian,