This Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Dipping Sauce recipe is an easy dip for holiday appetizers, such as spring rolls, egg rolls, and more!
- 1 cup pineapple juice (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red jalapenos (from a jar, adjust the amount based on your heat preference)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 sprigs cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- In a food processor or blender, blend together pineapple juice, granulated sugar, jalapenos, garlic, vinegar, salt, and cilantro until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer on medium for 5 minutes. While simmering, mix together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice in a small bowl until smooth. With a whisk, gradually blend in cornstarch mixture into pineapple juice mixture, which will thicken your mixture. Remove from heat. Cool and serve as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, egg rolls, etc.
If you have trouble finding jarred red jalapenos, you can substitute with jarred green jalapenos, however your dipping sauce will have a green color, rather than red.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 8 ingredients, holiday dip, egg rolls, jalapeno, party dip, spring rolls, easy dip recipe, pineapple juice,