Easy Oreo Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies Recipe
- Cookie Candy Mold
- 12 regular OREO Cookies
- 12 mini OREO Cookies
- 12 oz bag Wilton Dark Cocoa Melts
- Wilton White Gel Tube
- 24 small Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- M &M Candies – cut in half (12 red, 6 orange, 6 yellow, 6 green, 6 blue)
- Wilton Orange Decorator Icing
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, microwave the dark cocoa candy melts according to package instructions.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the melted chocolate into the bottom of each cookie mold. Place an OREO cookie on top of the melted chocolate.
- Spoon additional melted chocolate on top of the OREO cookie, up to the top of the mold.
- Repeat steps until all of the cookie molds are full. Chill for about a hour or until the chocolate is firm.
- Dip the 12 mini OREO cookies into the remaining melted chocolate and place on the baking sheet. Chill for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate is firm.
- Once chilled, remove the cookie molds and baking sheet from the refrigerator. Gently pop the OREO cookies out of their molds and place on the baking sheet next to the mini OREO cookies.
- Apply white icing to the back of one of the mini OREO cookies and place directly on top of the regular size OREO cookie, centering the mini cookie in the middle for the turkey face.
- Dab a small amount of white icing to the back of the candy eyes and place 2 eyes on the mini OREO .
- Dab a small amount of white icing to the cut side of 12 red M&M candy halves and place under the eyes (at an angle) for the turkey wattle.
- For the turkey feathers, each turkey will need half of a red, orange, yellow, green and blue M&M candy piece. Dab a small amount of white icing on the cut side of each piece and place on the large OREO, above the face, evenly spaced apart.
- With orange decorator icing, pipe the turkey feet at the bottom of each cookie by creating two lines that form the top part of a triangle.
- Repeat process with remaining supplies to assemble your OREO Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies.