This Veggie Loaded Chili recipe is packed full with healthy vegetables and fiber-rich beans – it’s great for any occasion from game day to a family dinner. It’s a diabetic-friendly recipe too.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 4 carrots (sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 zucchini (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1, 16- ounce can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1, 16- ounce can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1, 15- ounce can tomato sauce
- 2, 14.5- ounce cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes in juice
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and carrots and sauté 5 minutes. Add green pepper and zucchini and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Add chili powder and all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30-35 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Carbohydrate 33 g
Protein 9 g
Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Dietary Fiber 10 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 492 mg
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 179
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 10
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegetarian, comfort food, meatless, bean chili, vegan,