It’s Whole Grain Sampling Day and I’m sharing a recipe for Whole Wheat Granola Cookies, plus an awesome Whole Grain Prize Pack Giveaway for one lucky Home Cooking Memories reader.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups granola (large clusters chopped)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (or other nuts of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small-medium sized bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large sized bowl, beat together sugars, butter, vanilla and egg until well combined. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until combined. Stir in granola and almonds. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Allow to cool for for a couple minutes on baking sheet before removing to cool completely on a cooling rack.
–Adapted from Gold Medal Flour
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie, 8 ingredients, almonds, white whole wheat,