Today, I’m going to share one of the most yummiest treats you can make for your next game day party: Snickers Cheesecake Pops. And since I know you want to spend your time watching the game, you’ll be happy to know this is actually fairly simple, but impressive enough that your guests will think you’re a genius.
For these Snickers Cheesecake Pops, we’ll be using SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis, which have team logos right on the wrappers. What’s really cool is that this recipe will leave you a bunch of extras SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis to put in a bowl for snacking during the big game.
You can find these limited edition SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis at Walmart. I found them in two places in the store — one spot was on the candy aisle, right on the shelf:
First, you’ll need a cheesecake. Remember how I said we weren’t keeping this easy? This is one of the main keys to that. I bought a pre-made New York Style Cheesecake from the bakery section at Walmart. (Yes, you could make your own.)
Here’s my favorite part — throw your cheesecake in a bowl. Crust and all.
Mash up the cheesecake with a fork, paying close attention to breaking up the pieces of the crust. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours. You could leave it in there longer — it can even be done the day before, if you wish.
Open about 40 SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis that have been refrigerated and cut them in quarters. Place quarters in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes and then chop finely (by hand or with food processor). Place the chopped SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis into the freezer until ready to use.
Cover a plate or baking sheet with wax paper and scoop small balls of cheesecake. Roll the balls with your hands so you have a nice, round ball of cheesecake. If the cheesecake gets too warm to handle, place it back in refrigerator for a bit. After you have made all your cheesecake balls, place your plate or tray in the refrigerator.
Melt your chocolate and dip one end of a lollipop stick into the chocolate. Allow excess to fall off and insert the chocolate dipped end of the stick into the middle of one of the cheesecake balls. Repeat with all of the balls and set back in the refrigerator until chocolate is firm.
Each cheesecake pop is dipped into the melted chocolate…
And then dipped, rolled, and sprinkled with the chopped SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis.
After each cheesecake pop is rolled in the chopped SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis, they are placed back on the wax paper covered baking sheet or plate and returned to the refrigerator until the chocolate is firm. Keep them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
I placed my Snickers Cheesecake Pops in small paper baking cups (1.25″ diameter) and set them on a serving tray.
- 2½ lb New York Style Cheesecake
- 40 SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis (refrigerated)
- 14 ounces chocolate chips (I used bittersweet, can use other varieties)
- 4" lollipop sticks (approx 30)
- Wax paper
- Place entire cheesecake in a large bowl and mash with a fork, paying close attention to breaking up the pieces of the crust. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours.
- Unwrap SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis and cut each one into fourths. Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from freezer and chop finely (carefully by hand or in food processor with metal blade attached). Placed chopped SNICKERS® back in freezer until ready to use.
- Cover a plate or baking sheet with wax paper and scoop small balls of cheesecake (approximately 1.5" diameter). Roll the balls with your hands so you have a smooth, round ball of cheesecake. If cheesecake gets too warm and hard to handle, place back in refrigerator for a bit. After you have made all your cheesecake balls, place your plate or tray in the refrigerator.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Dip one end of a lollipop stick into the chocolate, allow excess to fall off and insert the chocolate dipped end of the stick into the middle of one of the cheesecake balls. Repeat with all of the balls and set back in the refrigerator until chocolate is firm.
- Remove chopped SNICKERS® from the freezer and place on a plate or shallow bowl. Remove cheesecake pops from refrigerator. One by one, dip a cheesecake pop into the melted chocolate (if your chocolate firmed since dipping the sticks, you may need to reheat it). Allow excess chocolate to fall off (I use a spoon to help spoon chocolate over cheesecake pop). Immediately roll/dip/sprinkle cheesecake pop with chopped SNICKERS®. Place back on wax covered baking sheet or dish. After all cheesecake pops have been dipped in chocolate and rolled in SNICKERS®, place baking sheet or dish back into refrigerator until chocolate is firm.
For more information about SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis, visit:
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This #SnickersMinis shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and SNICKERS® Brand #CBias #SocialFabric This recipe, and all opinions, are 100% my own.