This Apple Crumble Dessert in a Jar is an easy apple dessert, made right inside of mason jars.
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter (12 tablespoons, chilled and cut into pieces)
- 3 lbs Granny Smith apples (about 7 apples, peeled, cored)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 8 pint wide-mouth half- canning jars
- Vanilla ice cream (optional, caramel sauce, and/or whipped cream)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Using a pastry cutter, fork, or your fingers, work the butter pieces into the mixture. Set aside.
- Cut each cored and peeled apple in half. Cut each half into thin slices (no larger than 1/4″ thickness). Place apple slices in a bowl and toss apples with lemon juice. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup brown sugar and toss to combine.
- Place canning jars on a large baking sheet. Divide apple slices among each jar. Top each jar of apples with about 1/3 cup of streusel. Divide any remaining streusel among all the jars. With the handle end of a spoon, press some of the streusel down into the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve slightly warm, if desired. Top with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and/or caramel syrup, if you wish.
- Canning jar bands and lids can be placed on cooled Apple Crumbles to save them in a refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: granny smith apples, cinnamon, mason jar recipe, pie, oats, autumn, fall dessert, 8 ingredients,