Autumn Apple and Sausage Couscous is an easy dinner idea that includes several fall flavors, as well as Hillshire Farm Chicken Apple Smoked Sausages.
- 1 12- ounce package Hillshire Farm Gourmet Creations Chicken Apple Sausage (sliced)
- 1–2 tablespoons butter
- 2 granny smith apples (cored and sliced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 lemon or a splash of bottled lemon juice
- 5 cups cooked couscous
- 3/4 cup dried & sweetened cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a frying pan over medium heat, cook sausage slices. Flip slices over to allow each side to brown. When each side is browned, remove sausage from pan to a bowl or plate.
- In the same frying pan, melt butter. Cook apples and onions in butter over medium heat. Squeeze lemon over apples or give a splash with bottle lemon juice. Cook until apples and onions are becoming tender and slightly browned. Set aside with sausages.
- In an ungreased skillet, add chopped pecans and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook until pecans are golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Combine the sausage, apples, onions, cranberries and pecans with the couscous. Season with salt and pepper. Serve!
Recipe adapted from Hillshire Farm Gourmet Creations Chicken Apple packaging
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 8 ingredients, fall dinner recipe, ways to use chicken sausage,