This OREO Cake Mix Donuts Recipe is a must for OREO cookie fans! These baked donuts are easy to make with boxed cake mix and topped with an easy OREO filling frosting.
- Chocolate cake mix ((prepared as directed – usually calls for oil, eggs, and water))
- 1 tub vanilla frosting
- 12 OREO cookies
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray donut pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix chocolate cake mix as directed on the box (adding ingredients as required, such as oil, eggs, and water).
- Carefully spoon some of the cake batter into a large zipper-style bag and seal. Cut a small corner off the bottom of one side of the bag. Use your bag to fill each donut molds about 3/4 full with the chocolate batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in one of the donuts comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and allow donuts to cool for 8-10 minutes before carefully removing each chocolate cake donut from the mold.
- Open each OREO cookie and scrape off the filling from the inside of the OREOs, placing the filling in a small microwave-safe bowl and placing the cookie parts into a zipper-style sandwich bag. Crush the cookies in the bag with a potato masher or back of a spoon.
- Scoop about half of the frosting into the bowl with the OREO filling. Microwave for about 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir mixture. Repeat steps until mixture is smooth and combined.
- Dip the top of each donut into the OREO filling/frosting mixture and place on a cooling rack (white tops upwards). Immediately sprinkle white tops with crushed Oreos. Let set for about 10 minutes and enjoy.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: doughnuts, cookies, easy recipe, cake, chocolate,