This OREO Cake Mix Donuts Recipe is a must for OREO cookie fans! These baked donuts are easy to make with boxed cake mix and topped with an easy OREO filling frosting.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
Extra fun donuts for an extra fun treat!
We’ve shared homemade donut recipes a few time, including our Mini Upside-Down Pineapple Cake Donuts and our Baked Kahlúa Donuts. While those recipes are simple, making donuts with a boxed cake mix is one of the easiest ways. Last time we shared Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts, but this time around we’re sharing baked donuts that are great all year round: OREO Cake Mix Donuts!
For this recipe, you’ll only need a few things: boxed cake mix, the ingredients needed for the cake mix (usually eggs, oil, and water), OREO cookies, and vanilla frosting.
To make this OREO Cake Mix Donuts recipe, you’ll first start by mixing up a box of chocolate cake mix according to the instructions on the box.
Spray each cavity of a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Nowadays, you can get donut pans from pretty much anywhere. I’ve even picked them up at the thrift store. The one you see in these photos is a silicone donut pan which is super easy to use and clean up.
Fill each donut well about 3/4 full with your cake batter. To make this process a bit easier, we recommend placing the cake batter in a zipper-style plastic bag. Close the bag and then snip off a small bit of one of the corners. This will allow you to squeeze the batter through the hole and into each section of the donut pan more precisely.
Bake your donuts for about 15 minutes. When they are done, remove from the oven and let them cool for about 8-10 minutes before carefully removing each chocolate cake donut from the pan. Bake for 15 minutes, let cool, and carefully remove each chocolate cake donut.
While your donuts are baking, separate the OREO filling from the OREO cookies. Place the OREO filling in a small bowl, while placing your cookies into a plastic zipper-style bag. Squeeze out the excess air from your bag and seal. Crush the cookies in the bag so that they can be used a topping for the donuts.
Take your bowl of OREO filling and scoop about half of your frosting tub into the bowl. Microwave for about 15 seconds and then remove and stir. Repeat process until OREO filling and frosting are melted together and smooth. Dip the top of each donut into the OREO filling/frosting mixture and place on a cooling rack.
Sprinkle immediately with the crushed OREO cookies and allow topping to set.
Now enjoy! Your OREO Cake Mix Donuts are ready!
OREO Cake Mix Donuts Recipe
Here’s the full recipe for making your own OREO Cake Mix Donuts, ready for you to print. Not ready to make this recipe yet? Be sure to save it!
Like this recipe?
We’d love your share on Facebook or a pin on Pinterest!
OREO Cake Mix Donuts Recipe
- Chocolate cake mix ((prepared as directed – usually calls for oil, eggs, and water))
- 1 tub vanilla frosting
- 12 OREO cookies
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray donut pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix chocolate cake mix as directed on the box (adding ingredients as required, such as oil, eggs, and water).
- Carefully spoon some of the cake batter into a large zipper-style bag and seal. Cut a small corner off the bottom of one side of the bag. Use your bag to fill each donut molds about 3/4 full with the chocolate batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in one of the donuts comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and allow donuts to cool for 8-10 minutes before carefully removing each chocolate cake donut from the mold.
- Open each OREO cookie and scrape off the filling from the inside of the OREOs, placing the filling in a small microwave-safe bowl and placing the cookie parts into a zipper-style sandwich bag. Crush the cookies in the bag with a potato masher or back of a spoon.
- Scoop about half of the frosting into the bowl with the OREO filling. Microwave for about 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir mixture. Repeat steps until mixture is smooth and combined.
- Dip the top of each donut into the OREO filling/frosting mixture and place on a cooling rack (white tops upwards). Immediately sprinkle white tops with crushed Oreos. Let set for about 10 minutes and enjoy.