This Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts recipe is incredibly easy to make! It makes fun and festive donuts for your next Halloween party, Halloween breakfast, or as a treat during a scary movie night.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
Are donuts for breakfast or are they for dessert? Who knows! But the wonderful thing about donuts — whether breakfast, or dessert, or something in between, they are FUN & they are DELICIOUS!
Making donuts isn’t hard, but you know what makes them easier? Using a boxed cake mix. If you have a box in your pantry, you can make bake donuts very easily. But today, we’re not using just any boxed cake mix. We’re making them with an extra fun funfetti twist!
By using a boxed Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix these Halloween donuts have both orange and black sprinkles, giving them an even more festive look. They are baked in the oven (in a donut pan) and then topped with a homemade black glaze. Then, they are topped with even more Halloween sprinkles. A perfect treat for Halloween parties, breakfast on Halloween morning, or as a treat while having a scary family movie night!
To make your Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts, you’ll first combine the Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix with egg, oil and water in a bowl.
Filling a donut pan neatly can be a bit tricky, but to make this easier, we recommend placing the donut batter in a zipper-style plastic bag (quart size is best). Close the bag and then snip off a small bit of one of the corners. This will allow you to squeeze the batter through the hole and into each section of the donut pan more precisely.
Gently squeeze the batter into the donut wells, filling each one about 3/4 full. Bake until done and then allow them cool. Repeat the process until you have used all the donut batter.
After baking your donuts, you’ll create your homemade black glaze for decorating your Halloween donuts. This is a simple process of combining powdered sugar and melted butter. Then a bit of milk is added, 1 tablespoon at a time until you get your desired consistency. To give it a rich black color, you’ll stir in a few drops of gel black food coloring until you achieve your desired look.
Gently dip the top of each baked funfetti donut into the black glaze, then set aside and sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles.
And then they’re done! You can enjoy as-is, or if you want to make your Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts more fun, you can create donuts-on-a-stick buy inserting Halloween paper straws into the side. It’s a fun look for Halloween parties or cake walks.
Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts Recipe
Here’s the full instructions for making your Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts, including the homemade black glaze recipe. You can print to use it now, or if you aren’t ready for it yet, be sure to save this to your Halloween pinterest board so you can find it easily later.Print
Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix Donuts
Halloween Cake Mix Donuts
- 1 ounces box Pillsbury Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix (15.25)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
Black Donut Glaze
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Black Gel Food Coloring
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 6 count donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, egg, oil and water.
- Scoop the donut batter into the large gallon freezer bag. Seal and snip 1 corner of the bag with the kitchen scissors.
- Gently squeeze the batter into the donut wells filling each one about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool. Repeat the baking process until you have used all the donut batter.
Black Donut Glaze
- Combine the powdered sugar and melted butter. Slowly add in the milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Stir in a few drops of black food coloring. Add in more black if needed.
- Gently dip top of each donut into the black glaze, set aside on a baking sheet and sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles. Repeat with all donuts