This Coconut Pumpkin Granola recipe is a great snack, yogurt topping, or breakfast cereal — especially for anyone who love both coconut and pumpkin flavors.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
My husband loves coconut. It’s one of his top 10 favorite foods. Maybe even top 5. Coconut is truly the way to his heart.
I like coconut too, but it’s fall and fall means pumpkin, right? Pumpkin haters will say no, but I go a bit pumpkin crazy from September to November. I enjoy it’s flavor and color, so I look for any and all opportunities to cook and bake with it.
This brings me to my big bag of oats. Sometimes I go a bit overboard with buying stuff in bulk, but luckily, oats are super cheap and can be used in so many ways. I can always figure out a way to use for them.
This time around, making granola was the perfect answer for my big bag of oats. I can make a huge batch and the family devours it. Most of them enjoy granola as a snack or as a topping on things like yogurt or ice cream. I love it as a cereal and this has been my breakfast for the last two days.
The most delicious part of this Coconut Pumpkin Granola recipe is the pumpkin mixture. It’s a sweet pumpkin mixture, that includes canned pumpkin puree, coconut oil, honey, pumpkin pie spice and more. I mixed it up in my food processor, but you could also do this by hand or with a hand mixer.
You can stir the pumpkin mixture into the oat & pepita (pumpkin seed) mixture with a spoon, but I find it easier to use my hands. Plus, I like to squeeze small bits of oats together to create clusters because clusters are the best thing about granola.
As much as I would like this to be a pop-in-the-oven-and-forget-about-it recipe, it’s not. Don’t worry, it’s not hard to make, but it will take about 35-40 minutes and you’ll want to stir it every 10 minutes. The pans will want to be rotated too.
After your Coconut Pumpkin Granola bakes and cools, transfer to a airtight glass jar or other food storage container. It will keep for 10-12 days, but ours never lasts that long.
Coconut Pumpkin Granola Recipe
Here’s the complete Coconut Pumpkin Granola recipe, ready for you to print. If you aren’t ready for it yet, be sure to save it to one of your Pinterest boards.Print
Coconut Pumpkin Granola
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups raw pepitas
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl (I actually mixed it in my food processor), mix together pumpkin, honey, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix in pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pepitas, coconut, and pecans. Spoon pumpkin mixture into oat mixture. With spoon or with your hands, combine mixtures. Squeeze small amounts of the oats together to create clusters, if desired.
- Divide mixture between the two baking sheets. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown, but with stirring the granola on the sheets every 10 minutes. Rotate baking sheets on the racks at this time too. When golden brown, remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight glass container or other food storage container for 10-14 days.