This Baked Tilapia Fish Tacos recipe is an easy dinner that will take 30 minutes or less to make. The seasoned tilapia fillets are baked in the oven until flaky, then filled into soft tortillas with your favorite toppings. One of our family favorites!
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets (fresh or frozen that have been thawed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime
- Seasoning or your favorite seasoning blend (see below)
- 12 corn or flour tortillas (soft taco or fajita size)
- Optional toppings: shredded cabbage, sliced jalapeno , salsa, sour cream, avocado, guacamole, lime wedges, cilantro
For Seasoning (optional):
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- To make seasoning: Mix together all seasonings and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse and pat dry thawed tilapia fillets. Place fillets on the baking sheet. Brush the top of each fillet with olive oil. Season with seasoning blend and squeeze lime juice over the top of the fillets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork (test in the middle of your thickest piece). NOTE: Cooking time may need adjustment depending on the thickness and size of your fillets.
- While fish is baking, prepare toppings and heat tortillas.
- To assemble tacos: place desired amount of fish, broken up slightly, lengthwise in the middle of your tortilla. Top fish with desired toppings and serve.
–If using the seasoning blend in this recipe (or another salt-free seasoning), you may wish to season your fillets with salt and pepper before baking.
–Serving is 2-3 tacos per person
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: tortilla, lime, easy recipe, baked fish, taco seasoning,