10”-12” iron skillet
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1 large banana (sliced) or 1/2 cup banana chips
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Take about 4 graham cracker sheets and crush them into crumbs. Sprinkle the bottom of a lightly greased cast iron skillet with the crushed graham crackers.
2. Sprinkle 1/2 cup chocolate chips on top of the crushed graham crackers.
3. Sprinkle the marshmallows on top of the chocolate chips, covering the skillet entirely.
4. Place the sliced fruit on top of the marshmallows. Sprinkle the pecans and 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips on top.
5. Place the skillet in the oven and broil on HIGH for 3-4 minutes or until the marshmallows begin to get puffy and brown. Remove from oven.
6. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and scoop and enjoy with graham cracker rectangles.
1. Follow steps 1-4 above for cooking indoors.
2. Place the cast iron skillet on a grate over indirect heat of the fire (grill or campfire). Do not place your skillet directly over the flames.
3. Heat your smores dip just until the marshmallows have melted. Take caution to not heat too long or your chocolate will burn. Remove from the fire and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Scoop and enjoy with graham cracker rectangles.