This Buffalo Chicken Panini Sandwich recipe is a triple combo of awesome! If you love buffalo chicken wings, cheese, and sourdough bread – this is the sandwich for you!
- 2 tablespoons Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil (plus more for brushing bread)
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cayenne hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons green onions (thinly sliced)
- 10–12 slices sourdough bread
- 3 cups colby jack cheese (shredded)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan with oil. Add chicken breasts to skillet and cook until golden brown on one side. Flip chicken breast over and cook other size until golden brown and cook chicken breasts until cooked through (no pink in center and 165 degree F, if checked with a meat thermometer).
- Allow chicken to cool. When cool enough to handle, cut it into small bite-sized pieces. Place chicken in a bowl and mix with cayenne hot sauce. Then mix with the blue cheese and green onions.
- Heat panini maker according to manufacture instructions. Brush one side of each slice of bread with olive oil. Place one slice of bread, olive oil side down, on panini grill. Top bread with about 1/4 cup shredded cheese, then about 1/2 cup of chicken mixture, another 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, and finally top with another slice of bread, with olive oil side facing upward.
- Grill panini until golden brown, crusty, and cheese is melted. Serve whole or cut in half.
–The sourdough slices I used were large, about 5-6″ wide. If you use smaller bread slices, you may end up with more sandwiches.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 7 ingredients, colby jack cheese, blue cheese, sourdough bread, hot sauce, chicken breasts,