A quick and delicious dinner is only minutes away with this Chicken BLT Chopped Salad recipe.
- 12 ounce chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 1 tablespoon olive or grapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 10 ounce bag chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 ounces grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted, and diced)
Honey Dijon Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive or grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- If chicken breasts are thicker than 1/2 – 1″, cut in half horizonatally to create two thinner breasts. If necessary, cover chicken with plastic wrap and use a meat mallet to pound chicken breast to approximately 1/2 – 1″ thick. Season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and add chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side, until lightly browned and no longer pink inside. Remove from heat and allow chicken to cool before cutting. When cool enough to touch, chop into cubes. If chicken is still warm, cover and place in refrigerator to cool it more quickly.
- In a bowl or mason jar, combine dressing ingredients and combine thoroughly. If being made in a mason jar, you can do this by securing the lid and shaking.
- In a large bowl, toss together romaine, tomatoes, chicken, bacon, and blue cheese. Drizzle with half of the dressing and toss together again. Repeat with remaining dressing.
- Serve salad immediately by divide on two plates. Serve with avocado.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 10 ingredients, bacon, blue cheese crumbles, avocado, chicken breasts, romaine lettuce, honey,