- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups water (or enough to just barely cover vegetables)
- 3 medium-large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 ribs celery, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock – Chicken
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Marinate chicken in a zipper style bag or glass bowl in olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and white pepper for 15 minutes. Cook in a frying pan over medium heat until chicken is cooked through and slightly browned.
- Bring water to a boil and cook carrot, celery, potatoes, and onions for 5 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender-crisp. Strain vegetables out of the pot, keep vegetable water in the pot.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with a bit of water to create a thick gravy consistency. Bring reserved vegetable broth to a boil and add Knorr® Homestyle Stock, whisk to dissolve. Whisk in corn starch mixture into boiling water/Knorr mixture. Stir in cream, chicken and vegetables (excluding peas). Simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Gently fold in frozen peas.
- Pour mixture into pie plate and top with crust; pressing and folding edges to seal. Brush top with egg, then slit with knife slightly to vent or poke with fork tines. Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.