This Chile Relleno Breakfast Casserole in a Mug recipe is a perfect breakfast when your in a rush or if you have a limited kitchen setup. Especially great for college students living in a dorm, workplaces with only a microwave, or those traveling in an RV.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 can diced green chiles (1/2 of a 4 ounce can, drained)
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes (chopped cilantro, salsa, sour cream)
- Crack your two eggs into a 16-ounce mug. With a fork, beat the eggs until blended. With the same fork, blend in the flour, baking powder, cumin, and cottage cheese. Stir in the chiles and most of the cheese.
- Microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes. Check casserole to see if it’s puffed and just set at the center. If not, continue to microwave for another 30-seconds or until it is puffed and set. Sprinkle with your remaining cheese and additional toppings.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: easy recipe, mug recipe, cheese, eggs, green chiles, serves 1, dorm room cooking,