Sugar Cookies are one of the most popular treats to make during the Christmas season. There are so many different shapes to make but this one recipe puts a twist on one of the classic ways! Here we will show you have to make Christmas Tree Cookies!
This post contains affiliate links that we may earn us compensation. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
Christmas Tree Cookies are so easy to make and so festive! These cookies are perfect for your holiday parties! They are not only yummy, they double as decorations! The cookies can also be made by your kids as well! All you have to do is stack the three different size stars, add green frosting, Christmas sprinkles, and a star on top!
Ingredients for Christmas Tree Cookies:
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Green Frosting (I used Pillsbury Holiday Funfetti. If you can’t find that one, you can use Pillsbury Vanilla Frosting and Green Food Coloring)
- Holiday Sprinkles (You can use the sprinkles that came with the Funfetti frosting or use holiday sprinkles that the ones we used.)
- Candy Stars
Cooking Tools Needed for Christmas Tree Cookies:
How to make Christmas Tree Cookies:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, combine the softened butter. Whip until creamy, 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the vanilla extra and egg, and continue to mix.
4. Sift in the 3 cups of flour and baking powder. The mixture will be stiff so use your hands to finish mixing, if needed.
5. Divide the dough into 3-4 smaller batches.
6. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/4″ thick.
7. Use the star cookie cutters to cut the same number of stars in each size.
8. Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2″ apart.
9. Place the cookies in the oven. Set a timer for 3-4 minutes remove the cookie sheet from the oven and remove the smallest stars from the cookie sheet.
10. Place the cookie sheet back into the oven. Set the timer for another 2 minutes and then remove the medium size stars.
11. Place the cookie sheet back into the oven for the large stars to finish baking for another 2-3 minutes. Let the cookies cool.
12. Attach the frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and fill it with frosting.
starting with the largest star, generously frost each cookie and stack from largest to smallest.
13. Top the small star cookie with frosting, and add a star and holiday sprinkles. Repeat with the rest of the cookies.