This Coconut-Key Lime Pie Martini recipe is what you get when you combine my favorite pie – Key Lime – with my husband’s love of coconut. If you’re a fan of both, this is the cocktail recipe for you!
Let me get this out in the open: cocktails inspired by desserts are the best thing ever. Someone should open up a bakery/bar where you can buy treats, but also get the same things in a cocktail. Maybe that would be weird. It probably would be. But in my head, it sounds a bit cool.
When I joined up with a bunch of my food blogging friends to celebrate “Cocktail Day”, I knew I wanted exactly that: a dessert cocktail. This brought me to think of our favorite pies. For me, Key Lime Pie is tops and for David, he goes for a Coconut Creme Pie. A Key Lime Martini has coconut flavors, but I decided to be an amazingly generous wife and amp up the coconut flavors to make this a drink that David would enjoy even more.
The result was a rockin’ Coconut-Key Lime Pie Martini recipe. With the first sip, pow! You get plenty of coconut flavor, but then you get the tartness of the Key Lime. I’m happy, he’s happy…it’s a win/win! I think you’ll love it too, especially if you like these flavors like we do.
A word about rimming your martini glass: I dipped the top of the glass in a bit of key lime juice and then into a mixture of crushed graham crackers and toasted coconut.
Coconut-Key Lime Pie Martini Recipe
Here’s the full recipe — enjoy!Print
Other Fabulous Bloggers Mixing It Up with Us for Cocktail Day:
- Apple Pie Moonshine by Lola’s Kitchen
- Bacon Jalapeno Bloody Mary by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Blood Orange Old Fashioned by Kelly Bakes
- Party Punch by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Caipirinhas by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Martini by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Cupcake Cocktaill by JavaCupcake
- Ciderhouse Whiskey by From the Bookshelf
- Citrus Cranberry Punch by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Coconut-Key Lime Pie Martini by Home Cooking Memories
- Egyptian Martinii by Cooking In Stilettos
- Espresso Martini by Liv Life
- Frozen Marshmallow Mudslide by 365 Days of Baking & More
- Ginger Raspberry Fizzy by Try Anything Once
- Hot Buttered Chocolate Rum by Cookistry
- Iced Cake Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Le Jardinier by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Mandarin Mulled Wine by Food Babbles
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Gin Fizz by Crumb
- Muddled Rosemary and Pineapple Cocktaill by My Catholic Kitchen
- Nutella Martini by The Pink Flour
- Peach Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pineapple Margarita by Miss in the Kitchen
- Pomegranate Orange Spritzer by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Safe Sex on the Beach by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Side Car with Dried Cherries by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- White Cosmopolitans by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Winter Fruit White Wine Sangria by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen