This Coconut Pineapple Rice recipe is a fun and easy side dish for family weeknight dinners.
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 14 ounce can light coconut milk
- 2 bags Success Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Salt (to taste)
- In a large saucepan, combine water and coconut milk. Submerge bags of rice in mixture. Bring to boil and boil uncovered for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove bag from water with fork and drain. Cut open bag and empty rice into bowl. Combine rice with pineapple chunks, coconut flakes and nuts. Season with salt, to taste. Serve.
–I used light coconut milk, but if you prefer, you can use regular coconut milk.
–To give an extra nutty flavor to the rice, toast the coconut before tossing into rice.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: 6 ingredients,