This Coconut Shrimp recipe makes a great appetizer or party food, and it’s easier to make than you might think!
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp (about 15, peeled and de-veined)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Place eggs in a shallow bowl and beat. In another shallow bowl, place coconut flour, salt and pepper together; mix to combine. Place coconut flakes and breadcrumbs in a 3rd shallow bowl and mix to combine.
- While holding one shrimp by the tail, dust shrimp with coconut flour, and then coat with egg mixture, allowing excess egg to fall off. Finally, coat with the panko/coconut mixture, pressing gently to adhere mixture to shrimp. Place on a plate and repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Heat 1″ of oil over medium high heat until it reaches 350 degrees F. Add a few shrimp to the hot oil and cook for about 2 minutes or so, turning them over halfway through to fry each side. Remove from hot oil when when golden brown and place shrimp on a paper towel lined plate. Continue frying remaining shrimp until all are cooked.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 6 ingredients, oxo, party food, game day recipe, coconut flour, coconut flakes,