8-10 mint leaves
1 cup white rum, divided
1/2 cup sweet and sour, divided
1 cup cranberry juice, divided
1/2 cup lemon-lime soda (such as Sprite or 7Up)
Optional garnish: frozen cranberries, lime wedges, mint sprigs
1. Cut the lime into at least 6 thin slices. Set aside.
2. Place 4-5 mint leaves and a lime slice in the bottom of each glass. With a muddler or wooden spoon handle, muddle the lime and mint to release the mint juices.
3. Pour 1/2 cup rum, 1/4 cup sweet and sour mix, and 1/2 cup cranberry juice into each glass and stir.
4. Add 2 lime slices into each glass and add ice. Top off the glass with about 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda and stir.
5. If desired, garnish with lime wedges, frozen cranberries and a mint sprig.
–We recommend using a glass that holds at least 15 ounces
–Buy an extra bag of fresh cranberries during Thanksgiving time to freeze. Then use the frozen cranberries in this recipe.
Keywords: christmas cocktail, thanksgiving cocktail, christmas drink, holiday drink, cranberry cocktails