This Dipped OREO Chalkboard Cookies recipe is easy to make and so much fun for back-to-school, bake sales, or classroom parties.
- Candy/Cookie mold (sized for OREO cookies)
- 12 regular size OREO cookies
- 2 tablespoons solid shortening or coconut oil
- 1 cup Wilton dark green candy melts
- in White icing gel a tube
- In a microwave sale bowl, melt the shortening and green candy melts together in the microwave according to package instructions.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the melted green candy melts into each mold.
- Lay an Oreo cookie on top of the melted chocolate.
- Spoon additional melted chocolate on top of each OREO, filling to the top of each mold. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- After chilling, line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Gently pop the OREO’s out of their mold and lay on baking sheet.
- With the white tube of icing gel, pipe a solid line across the top and bottom of each OREO. Pipe a dotted line across the middle of each cookie. Let “set” for 10 minutes to harden a bit.
- Using your best penmanship, pipe your favorite capital letters on each cookie. Allow to harden for 10-15 minutes.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie, food craft, easy recipe, candy melts, back to school,