- Sweet potatoes (1 per person, or however many you like)
- butter (recipe below, honey, crumbled bacon, Greek yogurt, sliced green onions, crumbled blue cheese, crumbled feta cheese, shredded Cheddar cheese, dried cranberries, toasted coconut flakes, chopped pecans, Honey-Cinnamon Ricotta , shredded BBQ pork or chicken)
- 15 oz container ricotta
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash sweet potatoes well, pierce skin several times with the tines of a fork or the tip of a knife (keep cuts very small). Baked on a foil-lined baking sheet in a 400 degree F oven for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, place toppings in small bowls or plates and arrange on table or kitchen counter in a buffet-style.
- To make a topped baked sweet potato, take a cook sweet potato and cut a slit in the top of the potato lengthwise. Push ends inward to help “fluff” up and open the sweet potato. Top as desired with toppings.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta together with honey, cinnamon, and vanilla. Serve as a baked sweet potato topping.