This Handheld Pumpkin Pie Bites recipe is a must for your fall entertaining! Great alternative to traditional pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving or for when you’re needing bite-size fall desserts for an autumn party.
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 package of puff pastry (thawed)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons coarse white sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat egg and water in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add in cream cheese, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pie spice, brown sugar, and milk. Whisk together until smooth. Set aside.
- On a floured surface, unfold one puff pastry and roll one baking sheet to create a 12 inch square. Using a two inch circle cookie cutter, cut out 16 circles. Repeat with the extra roll, and set that set aside.
- Fill 16 circles with 1 ½ teaspoons of pumpkin mixture. Brush the edges with egg mixture. Top with another circle puff pastry. Pinch the edges together and crimp ends with a fork.
- Brush the top of the pastry pies with egg mixture, cut three small slits on top of the pies. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place pies onto baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes, or until the pies are golden colored.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for ten minutes. If desired, drizzle with glaze.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin, egg, cream cheese, cinnamon, autumn, pumpkin pie,