This Handheld Pumpkin Pie Bites recipe is a must for your fall entertaining! Great alternative to traditional pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving or for when you’re needing bite-size fall desserts for an autumn party.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
We can’t resist pumpkin desserts in the autumn! Luckily, there is no shortage of ways to enjoy pumpkin in a sweet treat: Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies, Pumpkin-Apple Chimichangas, Homemade Pumpkin Marshmallows, Coconut-Pumpkin Biscotti, Pumpkin Bundt Cake or even Pumpkin Spice Frozen Yogurt Pops for those of us in warmer climates. And that is just a few that we have on our site!
If you are looking for a variation on traditional pumpkin pie, you’re going to love this idea. Not only is it easy, but they are super cute
By mixing up a simple pumpkin pie filling and the use of convenient puff pastry, you can create these mini treats in no time.
In a mixing bowl, you’ll whisk together softened cream cheese, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pie spice, brown sugar, and a bit of milk.
With your pumpkin filling ready to go, it’s time to work with your puff pastry. Using a rolling pin, roll one puff pastry sheet to create a 12-inch square. Then, using a 2-inch circle cookie cutter (or biscuit cutter), cut out 16 circles. Repeat with the extra roll of puff pastry and set aside.
Top 16 circles with about 1 ½ teaspoons of the pumpkin filling. The edges of the pastry dough are brushed with a bit of egg mixture to help with sealing. Then, take another circle of puff pastry and lay it directly on top. Seal together the edges by pressing down on the edges with the tines of fork.
Brush the top of the pastry pies with egg mixture, cut three small slits on top of the pies. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place pies onto baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes, or until the pies are golden colored.
Handheld Pumpkin Pie Bites Recipe
Here is the full recipe, ready for you to print. Not ready to make this yet? Be sure to share it to Facebook or pin to Pinterest so you can find it easily.Print
Handheld Pumpkin Pie Bites
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 package of puff pastry (thawed)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons coarse white sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat egg and water in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add in cream cheese, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pie spice, brown sugar, and milk. Whisk together until smooth. Set aside.
- On a floured surface, unfold one puff pastry and roll one baking sheet to create a 12 inch square. Using a two inch circle cookie cutter, cut out 16 circles. Repeat with the extra roll, and set that set aside.
- Fill 16 circles with 1 ½ teaspoons of pumpkin mixture. Brush the edges with egg mixture. Top with another circle puff pastry. Pinch the edges together and crimp ends with a fork.
- Brush the top of the pastry pies with egg mixture, cut three small slits on top of the pies. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place pies onto baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes, or until the pies are golden colored.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for ten minutes. If desired, drizzle with glaze.