This Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies recipe starts with a simple boxed brownie mix, but then you add a homemade pumpkin cheesecake layer! An easy fall dessert that is great for parties, bake sales, or just because.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. This post is in partnership with OXO products. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
I love brownies when they are nice and simple, without a bunch of extra ingredients or toppings. But everyone once in a while, I want something extra special. In the fall months, that means adding a delicious pumpkin cheesecake layer to the top of my brownies and I’m excited to show you how you can make them too.
But post isn’t just a fall brownie recipe.
OXO has kindly offered to donate $100 on behalf of this post to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, which supports people everywhere to help fight pediatric cancer – through the simple concept of local bake sales.
To help me with my post, OXO sent me a few kitchen tools too:
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Silicone Pastry Brush (one of my favorite kitchen items!)
- Brownie Spatula
But these aren’t just any kitchen tools. See that “green dot” on the packaging in the photo below? OXO donates 25 cents to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer for every purchase of their specially marked OXO baking tools. Just look for that green dot on packaging and you’ll be helping contribute too.
To make your brownies, you’ll start with your favorite boxed brownie mix. Pick the one you like best, just make sure it’s for a 8.5×11″ size. Mix it up according to the package instructions. The pumpkin cheesecake part of these brownie is made by combining cream cheese, canned pumpkin and a few other ingredients.
In a foil-lined baking dish, pour all of your brownie batter into the bottom. Then, scoop the pumpkin cheesecake filling on top of the brownie batter. Take a butter knife and drag the knife all through the blobs of pumpkin cheesecake filling. This will create a sort of cool marbling effect.
It goes into the oven and bakes until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
After the brownies cool, use the foil to lift the brownies out of the pan and then cut into small squares. The OXO Good Grips Brownie Spatula is great for cutting because it has a sharp edge that can cut the brownies, while also letting you lift and serve them.
These Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies would be a great treat for any autumn party or get-together. Or just because…which is our favorite way of enjoying them!
Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
Here’s the full recipe, ready for you to print. If you aren’t ready for it yet, be sure to save it to one of your Pinterest boards.Print
Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 package brownie mix + ingredients needs as listed on package (13×9″ pan size)
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9″ baking pan with foil, with foil hanging over the edges on at least 2 sides. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, prepare the brownie mix according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- In another bowl, place the cream cheese and sugar and beat with a hand mixer on medium until combined. Beat in the pumpkin, vanilla, and egg until thoroughly combined. Mix in the pumpkin pie spice and the flour, just until combined.
- Pour brownie batter into the bottom of your prepared pan. Smooth it out so it’s somewhat even. Place scoops of the pumpkin cheesecake filling directly on top of the brownie batter in random areas. With a butter knife, drag through the cheesecake filling and brownie batter creating a swirling, marbling effect.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven. When cool, lift brownies out using the foil as handles and cut into squares.