This Easy Leftover Turkey and Pear Pizza recipe uses leftover Thanksgiving turkey, sliced pears, mozzarella cheese and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for a delicious appetizer or meal. This recipe also features an easy pizza crust that requires only two ingredients.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 cup cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar glaze/reduction (more or less depending on preference)
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, add yogurt and flour, mix well. The mix will seem to be dry at first but will come together. Knead the dough with your hands until blended well.
- Roll dough onto a floured surface until about 9″ x 13″ in size.
- Sprinkle corn meal onto parchment paper and transfer your dough to the paper.
- Top with cheese and turkey and heat for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Top with pears and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Cut with a pizza cutter and enjoy.
–If you prefer, you can top your pizza with the sliced pears before baking.
–If you wish, you may want to drizzle this pizza with a balsamic vinegar glaze or reduction. You can make this yourself, but we enjoy a pre-made variety for convenience, such as Fini Balsamic Glaze or DeLallo Balsamic Glaze.
–Adding a light sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles right after baking would also be delicious.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey, pear, leftovers, greek yogurt, mozzarella cheese, easy, pizza,