It still feels weird to me that I’m sharing a recipe that is mostly made of mangoes. It wasn’t too long ago that I thought I didn’t like mangoes. Please tell me I’m not the only weird person who “thought” they didn’t like something….only to eat it and realize that you actually love it. That was totally me: ewww…I don’t like mangoes. Until I actually tried them and now I’m buying them all the time.
When I made my Coconut Chicken Tenders, I wanted a dip for them that was fruity and tropical. I also wanted it to be very healthy. I love to dip chicken tenders and I didn’t want to spend all my daily Weight Watchers points on dip for them. This Easy Mango Dip worked out perfectly…it’s healthy, it’s easy, and it tastes amazing….especially with the Coconut Chicken Tenders.
To make this Easy Mango Dipping Sauce, you’ll only need 5 simple ingredients, all of which make this a clean eating dip too. I blended everything up in my Ninja Blender, but any blender or food processor should do the job just fine. One of the key ingredients is coconut milk, which is another reason that this a great dip to pair with the Coconut Chicken Tenders. Those are also made with coconut milk too, and if you open a can, you’ll likely have leftover coconut milk that can be used for this dip. Win/win…less waste! Enjoy!Print
Easy Mango Dipping Sauce
- Yield: 0 Approximately 1 cup of dipping sauce
- 2 oz ripe mangoes (about 10-12 each, peeled & pitted)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- teaspoon Optional: 1 crushed red pepper flakes
- Scoop mango out of the peel with a spoon and into your blender or food processor. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until desired smoothness. Taste test sauce and, if necessary, adjust ingredients as desired.
–If fresh mangoes aren’t available to you, you can use frozen mango chunks that have thawed. You’ll need approximately 2 cups of chunks for this recipe.